Friday, April 19, 2013

My Thinspiration!

While at the beach a week ago I had the immense pleasure of going to the Lincoln City Community Center with the lovely Rachel Hight. Every morning she dragged by big buttock to the yoga (and one Pilate' s) class. It was wonderful!!! I really loved it. There is a yoga studio just down the road from where I live and I'm trying to re work my budget to afford the monthly fee.

In the mean time I have been hitting the pavement trying to get ready for a 5k in May. Rachel also some how convinced me into that one. I don't know how she gets me to do these things! But I am grateful she does.

Which brings me to today's post...

Rachel amazes me. She has always been such an amazing person to know. Everyone who knows her knows she is happy and bubbly and such a sweet caring person. Her smile is contagious and she is always laughing and joking. She's just one of those people you love to be around. She has always been and will always be beautiful inside and out.

But what Rachel wont do is show off. So that is why I am doing that for her.

Losing weight and getting healthy is not easy. As I've personally experienced and I'm sure many of you agree with me, eating right and exercising seems to be a phase for me. I'm all committed, ready to take it all on and then a few weeks later I'm sitting on my butt.

I've personally never attempted any crazy diets, calorie reducing meal plans, cutting out gluten, dairy, sugar, snacks, meals, my left arm, standing on your head for 20 mins a day, and then standing on one leg and winking while eating celery.... (hey, I'm sure someone out there has tried it!) But I've always looked at those and thought, "wait you are willing to do what?!?" Most of the weight loss ideas out there seem waaay more intense, and horrible than dare I say it... eating healthy and exercising!!!! (gasp!) Yet there is something so incredibly difficult about doing it!

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that it's not a quick fix. I don't see the results for months. So I'm incredibly thankful I have an example right in front of me to show me just what that looks like.

Through this past year with strength training Pilate's classes, eating right and now adding cardio Rachel as become a skinnier version of her already fantastic self and I want to give her a giant pat on the back and celebration dance!



 about one year ago
 at her bridal shower                                             Recent picture showing
 looking beautiful!                                                 off her hard work!

The crazy thing is that every time I see her she has shrunk again and I didn't think it was possible. She just continues to amaze me with her dedication and perseverance to be the fittest she has ever been. Yay Rachel!!!

 I'm excited to hop on the get fit bandwagon! Thanks for being such a great example.


1 comment:

Jason and Kenna said...

Huge accomplishment. She looks awesome, but I bet she feels freaking even better. Really cool.