Sunday, August 24, 2008

James Taylor

So I was checking out my good friend Lori's blog and I thought that mine was pretty crappy in comparison and I decided to finally take on the task of committing to making mine cute, gosh darn it!!!! I think I did ok. I decided to add some music seeing as how "everyone is doing it!" and then came the task of deciding what music would represent me the best. I went through and browsed a little. I thought of my best friend Kenna and how she got me to listen Tom Petty and I knew I had to add him on there. Then that led me to some Steve Miller band and then I came to James Taylor, who I forgot how much I love! Every single song reminds me of my dad and I know that Nickleback is his favorite band now, but I can't help but think of snuggling up with him on the water bed in our old house in Estacada while he reads a National Geographic and having James Taylor playing softly in the background. It made me wish that I would have played Only One for our father daughter dance at my reception. Then I remembered how much I cried when I danced with dad and I knew that this song would have sent me over the edge. So maybe it was a good thing we kept it to Butterfly Kisses.
After all was said and done and I felt like I had enough songs on my list I took a look at it and realized what a strange soon to be 23 year old I am! My tastes in music certainly don't fit my age with the acception of maybe Cold Play and The Killers. It was at that point that I was ok with not adding Starland Vocal Band to my list as that would have been just the icing on the cake. ( afternoon delight!)
So I hope you enjoy my crazy collection of songs! And who knows maybe you will remember just how much you too love Jimmy Buffett and Rilo Kiley.

2 comments:

Lori said...

You are so awesome! I love the music. It adds just the right touch.

Jason and Kenna said...

Your dad shoulda stuck with James Taylor...and good tribute to Petty...I know he appreciates it...No offense to anyone who like Nickelback, it doesn't mean you're a bad person, it just gives you room to grow...like Ben and his 'livin on sponge cake' obsession...