Sunday, February 20, 2011

One month to go...

I really honestly cannot believe that there is only 4 weeks till I am due. I go back and forth between moments of panic and excitement. To be honest I have not had any moments of, "Get here already!!!" So far I have loved being pregnant. My little stint of morning sickness didn't last too long and I've already forgotten about it.
Mostly my moments of panic are due to not feeling I have anything ready, while still a lot of school needs to get done, and then there is the labor part that still gets me nervous. I just want that part to be over...
I have her room no where near ready, but I figure that's ok cause she most likely wont be in there for a little while. These are some ideas that I love and would like to incorporate into the room.

For the bed skirt I have some extra fabric my mom gave me left over from her quilt. I think I would like to make a patchwork bed skirt and maybe bumper. It would be pretty adventurous since I am not the greatest with the sewing machine. Maybe my mom or Johnna can help me with this. This is no where near the colors we have in her room, but I like the idea.


This is our crib. We got it at IKEA! When Ben and I took our first trip to Ikea in Germany we saw a room with this set up and loved it. We thought well maybe one day.... but I really didn't think it would still be around by the time the one day arrived. It is! I just like the natural wood. I think it is simple and classic.


We also got the matching dresser and changing table top

I would like to eventually get some of the matching shelves and have a set up like this. We have the shelf that goes across the top.




As for painting, I like this idea. I think we would do a pale purple and instead of pictures of sheep I have three panels that I am going to paint and put the initials P E A on them. Then there will be a sign above that says "Our little Sweet" I can't wait for that part!



I love this!! I am determined to make it myself though! I got a lamp shade and I just need to get some fabric and time.



Maybe one day her room will be complete! I am kind of hoping we move into a new place soon, so I think that is another major reason that I haven't done anything really with her room.




5 comments:

★ThE mAd HaTTeR★ said...

I LOVE the patchwork crib set idea! That is right up my alley! Her room is going to be so cute! I cant wait until she's here and we can watch The Bachelorette and hold her lol ;)

Lets hope she likes The Bachelorette, too. hahaha

Unknown said...

A good way to make a bumper is to buy one at a second hand store, wash it and then recover it. That way you already have the base for it. That is what I did with Jandi's. Then I just made a tube with fabric and put the bumper in the tube(to make a long story short). So yours would be a patch work tube, cutest idea ever! So excited for you! love the room ideas!

-Tess

Hannah and Benjamin Aeby said...

Tess that is such a great idea! Thanks. I need all the advice I can get when it comes to sewing. That will be a huge help.

Crystal she is going to love the Bachelorette :) Even though she is NEVER going to be on a show like that... lol I would kill her. But it's fun to make fun!

Jason and Kenna said...

Geesh...I just read an Aeby blog marathon...I didn't realize the posting had resumed. Poor 7th Grade Language Arts Kids had to suffer more reading for a few minutes. ANYWAY...craziness going on for you guys right now, good craziness, but insane nonetheless.

I like it. I will comment more speicfically soon, but right now I'm pretty sure that 2 kids might be making out in the back...JOKES.

Meyers said...

Omgoodness sister I am so excited for you. Those rooms are so cute and I adore the crib. So exciting. Did you ever imagine that you would be buying a CRIB!~!!! Ahh Cant wait to see pics of the lil one.