Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let there be cake!

Well, it's not perfect but at least there will be cake. My cake crumbled when I was trying to frost it (even with it being cold from the fridge) and left me with a pretty lumpy cake but at least my friend will have a baby shower cake. I really hope I get better at this before I am supposed to do a wedding cake for my brother. If any of you do cakes and have some tips for me that would be great. I try and use cake mixes out of the box because they are moist and yummy, but they always seem to be lumpy and not uniform enough. I tried fondant this time. The one below I did a few months back and I tried just frosting it. I hope I am not scaring my brother and Johnna with these pictures. I'll be better I promise!



4 comments:

Morgan said...

That is very cute!!!

Who's baby shower is it? Anyone I would know?

mckenna said...

So cute!! I have a friend who does cake decorating with fondant and loves it! Look at my link to Epicurean Style near the bottom of my blog and you can find her post about it with some good tips!! I can't wait to see the wedding cake!!

I was once called...Sunshine Tornado Cloudy said...

Hannah! I didn't know you made cakes! I would've had you do Mattea's for her bday! It looks amazing. Good job! Whoever is hving the baby shower is going to love it.

Lori said...

You are amazing! Keep up the good work.