Thursday, July 17, 2008

Family Reunions



The Cox and Brown family Reunions were a ton of fun this year and I got just a few photos because my camera ran out of batteries. I wish I could have gotten some of the Brown family reunion. Well, I learned my lesson. At both reunions we had pork sandwiches which were good but I was glad to have something else after I got back home. All the salads were delicious and I could not decide so I ending up with a plate full of salads and not much room for anything else. At the Brown family reunion we play a game of baseball with the older cousin's verses the younger cousins. The older cousins won, of course. It really was no contest, but Joel did hit both Isaac and I for outs that stung quite a bit. We each got a turn at revenge. Then a game of croquette started up and I was called over to look at some of Grandma's old cake decorating stuff. I took home a few things and some pictures and am excited to have a little bit of Grandma Brown in my home. It was a lot of fun and even though it was short, it was so good to see both sides of the family. The pictures below are what I was able to take at the Cox family reunion.


Candy Game


This is the candy game for the little ones. There was candy buried under the sawdust and one kid from each team had 30 seconds to try and get as much candy as they could. The team with the most candy in the end won! Johnny and the rest of the yellow team took the approach of scooping up as much as their arms could hold including saw dust .In the picture below we see him there with Emma in the background casually picking out what she wanted while resting her head on her hand.

After a while they just decided to jump on in and really get into it








Soccer? (i don't know what it was called)



This game was a ton of fun. We basically had to play a game of soccer while in the crab position with a huge ball. It was hot and hard but there were a lot of laughs. Mom decided she would just hang out in the back when our team was up, but then the ball kept coming her way and she was the only thing between the ball and the goal. I almost wanted to get up and yell at her to stop playing since she had just gotten out of the hospital but she was fine and had fun.

The Rockets


The last competition was to build a rocket and see whose went the highest. It was a lot of fun. Ours did good but Joel's rocket won in the end. This is about the time my camera ran out of batteries.

No comments: