Sunday, December 5, 2010

One season over while another begins...

If you didn't know this years Civil War was a big one. The University of Oregon Ducks were/are ranked #2 and a win meant they would go to the BCS national championship game. The Oregon State Beavers had to win to go to a bowl game at all. In the beginning of the year there were high hopes for the Beavs. The schedule set us up to play some big teams (Boise State and TCU) out of conference. Unfortunately we lost both. Add to that one of our key players


James Rodgers tore his knee.


and our first year QB struggled at times.

Last year the winner went to the Rose Bowl and the Ducks won. As Beavers we felt it was our game and it was taken from us. So this year we wanted nothing more than to take the big one away from the Ducks. I was hoping to see something like this...




But alas... The Ducks won 37 to 20. and it looked more like this.




It was pretty disappointing. The loss meant that our season was over. No more football for us. Needless to say, Ben and I are sore losers and will be cheering for the Auburn Tigers when they face the Ducks this January. With the Colts in playoff jeopardy, this has not been a good year in football for me. But I still have hope for the Colts. I always have hope :)


The good news is that the Christmas Season is here!! Ben and I went out and bought our Christmas tree yesterday and decorated today.



I love this time of year!. We had one day of snow already and it made the campus beautiful! Although I would consider it a light dusting :)





















No comments: