Monday, June 14, 2010

Trip to the East Coast - NY city

I LOVED NY City!! I now understand why my dad always thought I would live there. It was so much fun. Don't get me wrong. I want to live my days in the clean Oregon open airs, but I wouldn't mind spending a few years in the hustle and bustle of a city like New York.

When Kate and Kez came out to visit me last summer in Oregon I introduced them to the Orange Dream at Jamba Juice and there are not Jamba Juices in sight in Mass. So of course we had to go when we were in NYC!


Times square at night. So cool.






We ate at an amazing place in Little Italy that had the most authentic Italian food. It was exactly what I have been craving since I left Rome :)



The Subways were a fun time!





Times square with my dad during the day.




The most amazing thing is just how tall the buildings are. And running in between them in some places is like eight lanes of traffic. It is craziness.








We went to ground zero and I have to say that was tough. It was hard to see that and remember what a horrible day that was.


I know that it means a lot to my dad. Especially since he served his mission here.







And what a cute dad he is! This is on the Staton Island Ferry





If you look reeeaallly carefully you can see the statue of Liberty to the left.









Me and Kez on the ferry.













The statue




Cute Kez. She is getting so big!!




Me and dad in Grand Central Station





















1 comment:

Jason and Kenna said...

Freaking Awesome!!! I like seeing your famous family that I've heard so much about. Hey email me at k_tippetts@yahoo.com so I can make sure I have your digits and email right.